The ICoTA Award for Innovation & Technology
The ICoTA Award for Innovation & Technology is judged and presented annually by the Europe Chapter of the Intervention & Coiled Tubing Association. Entry deadline has been extended to 29th September!
Entries open on 1st June and are judged by the Committee of the ICoTA European Chapter.
Judging Criteria and Guidelines for Entries
- Technology - New technology or new application of existing technology. What distinguishes this development from existing or previous technology?
- Application - How does the application of this technology provide improved benefits to the client’s asset or the industry? This can include the oil and gas sector or, more specifically, just the well intervention industry.
- Value to the industry - How did this technology add value to your or the client’s asset? This can include financial, environmental, or other value creation.
Conditions for Award
The technology should have been either:
- Applied in commercial operations for the 1st time since 31st March 2022.
- Developed in Europe and applied in Europe or elsewhere for the first time or developed elsewhere and applied for the first time in Europe.
- Innovative use of existing or new technology within the oil and gas industry and/or well intervention industry. To avoid doubt, this could include fluid-only intervention of wells and the use of well intervention technology outside traditional oil and gas applications such as geothermal, carbon capture, mining, etc.
- Implementation and refinement of technology over time or a single project.
Entries for the 2023 Award will open on 1st June 2023 and close on 29th September.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01224 646311.
Recent Winners – ICoTA Award for Innovation & Technology
SLB wins the ICoTA Award for Innovation and Technology
The winner of the prestigious ICoTA Award for Innovation and Technology was announced during the 28th European Well Intervention Conference.Read more ⟶
Aramco Overseas Company & Zilift win the ICoTA Award for Innovation & Technology
The winner of the prestigious ICoTA Award for Innovation and Technology was recently announced during the 27th European Well Intervention Conference.Read more ⟶
Shell wins prestigious ICoTA Europe Innovation Award
The winner of the prestigious ICoTA Europe Innovation Award was recently announced during ICoTA Week. Find out more about Shell's innovative Local Expander Tool.Read more ⟶
Dwellop and Shell wins 2019 ICoTA Europe Innovation Award
The winner of the 2019 ICoTA Europe Innovation Award was announced as part of the 25th SPE ICoTA European Well Intervention Conference in November at the P&J Live.Read more ⟶
Ocean Team Scandinavia A/S wins ICoTA Europe Innovation Award 2018
The winner of the ICoTA Europe Innovation Award 2018 was recently announced at the organisation’s annual conference in Aberdeen which is jointly organised with the Society of Petroleum Engineers Aberdeen section.Read more ⟶
Well-SENSE takes home the ICoTA Europe Innovation Award 2017
The winner of this year's ICoTA Innovation Award was announced at the 23rd SPE ICoTA Well Intervention Conference at the AECC.Read more ⟶
Shell, Helix Well Ops and Altus Intervention win ICoTA Europe Innovation Award 2016
Presented at the annual SPE ICoTA Well Intervention Conference on the 9th of November, Shell, Helix Well Ops and Altus Intervention collected the prestigious prize for their collaboration on an innovative system designed to increase oil production on a subsea well by 1,200 barrels per day.Read more ⟶
|2022||SLB||End-to-end autonomous wireline well integrity services|
|2021||Aramco and Zilift||Well Initiation Service Tool - WIST|
|2020||Shell||Local Expander Tool|
|2019||Dwellop and Shell||Lynx Wireline Mast|
|2018||Ocean Team Scandinavia||SCC02 Cleaning System|
|2016||Shell & Helix Wellops & Altus Intervention||Coil Tubing from a light well Intervention vessel – a North Sea first|
|2013||Interwell||Expandable Junk Catcher|
|2012||Oilenco||Soak Sleeve & Syringe|
|2011||Schlumberger||Digital Slickline perforating pipe recovery & plug setting|
|2010||BP & BJ Services||Pushing the boundaries of Concentric Coil Tubing on Normally Unattended Installations|
|2009||Baker Hughes||SnapScreen Live Well Deployment System for Sand Screens|
|2008||StatoilHydro||Nurturing and application of Riserless Light Well Intervention Technology|
|2007||Baker Atlas||GasView service|
|2006||Halliburton Easywell||Swell Technology – Swellpacker Isolation System|
|2005||Zertech||Z-seal Metal sealing technology|
|2004||Blafro Tools||Coiled Tubing Heave Compensator development|
|2003||Baker||Milling of Chrome Tubulars|
|2002||Statoil||Commitment to nurturing the development of new technologies|
|2001||Talisman||Commitment to offshore UBD-CTD in the North Sea|